Tuesday, September 30, 2014

One more “bad” for the month of September

Thank GOD tomorrow is October!!!

And the worst mother of the year award goes to… guess who.
On this brisk fall morning, for the first time this year, I had to take both kids to school.
We were on time, and everything was running smooth …until… my son announces that his legs were cold. Now, this time of year it can be slightly chilly in the morning and then 80 degrees in the afternoon. I had dressed him in longer shorts with a t-shirt and a jacket. But on the way to take my daughter to her school, his legs were cold.

I had a bad feeling about this…no way was this going to end well.

I tell him there is a warm fuzzy blanket right next to him if he wants to snuggle while we are in the car. “NO” he didn't want the blanket. He wanted to go home and change into pants. He could not understand why we couldn't go home to change into pants and he couldn’t understand why I didn’t understand the necessity. He fussed about the shorts. He fussed that his legs were cold. This went on for about 15 minutes. I tried to distract him with music, nope. I tried to make him laugh, nope. On and on we go about shorts vs. pants. I had finally had enough and get stern with him and told him the way it was going to be – at least for today. He could throw away every pair of shorts in his room and wear pants the rest of his life but that would have to start tomorrow… today he was wearing shorts.

It was time to get out of the car and he was upset and crying now and we were holding up the line so they tell me to pull up so others can get around me. Great.
We have jacked up the carpool line. When he sees me get out of the car he thinks he is in terrible trouble and the crying gets worse as he is telling me he is sorry. I go to his side of the car to get him out and poor thing is sobbing. I hug him and tell him everything is ok and we will get more pants I promise… and I get him out of the car… try to send him on his way. Still crying.  I walk him half way and tell him to go into school so he can start his day and there is a teacher near by that gives me the “signal” to go and she will get him.

I had to walk to my car telling him to go ahead into school and it will be ok. Get in my car and leave my son standing there crying for me and drive away. To think that just because his legs got chilly in the car and he wanted to change into pants set him off is crazy. But it is true. If my Monday and Tuesday morning is any indication of how the rest of the week is going to go I should just take the rest of the week off and go home, lock the door and just wait for Armageddon. 
Where is my damn giant bottle of Advil??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!