Thursday, October 9, 2014

Winds of Change

Do you ever feel like you are teetering on the precipice of a big change in your life? You know something is out there waiting for you but you either aren't ready yet or it isn't ready for you. But it is hanging out there … waiting for the right time to present itself.

I have had this same feeling in the past – a preamble to a change of life’s gears. As we shift and keep moving forward we adjust our speed for the ups, downs and hairpin curves that are on this road we all travel. Sometimes we run off the road but if we have enough experience we know how to avoid the problems of over correction and manage to ease back with care and continue. There are potholes, speed bumps and rumble strips along the way and all the while we are chugging along we adapt to these changes knowing the road ahead will be better, we just have to get through the rough spots.
The best feeling is when you are cruising on a freshly paved stretch of road, feels kind of like flying.

Change is usually like a fork in the road. You have to choose to accept the change or not.
That is the blessing of free will. We all have a choice. For me, I have to take so many factors into consideration when faced with a change. Husband, children, schedules, financial obligations and ultimately will this change be a positive change for all of us, because it will affect all of us. Sometimes I have to choose to stay the course because the change would be too much for everyone, so I stay in my comfortable nook and wait for another one to come along.

Some big changes went down in my life this year and 2015 is looking better to me every day. Obstacles and hurdles have been conquered and the scars are fading from the battles fought. I have a birthday very soon and although it isn’t a milestone birthday it is a starting point for me. I have set some goals for myself in 2015, small and large.
Don’t worry, I will take everyone along on the ride, cause its going to be a good one.


It is time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!