Friday, July 10, 2015

The Thriller/ Mystery Beach Reads List

 OK – I did a list of chick lit for the summer. I can only take so much of that. I have to break it up with an occasional thriller. So here is my list of mystery/thrillers for the summer. I plan on reading more of these J They make great beach reads too! If you are looking for a nail biter this list is a good place to start!.

1 –       Blood Infernal – James Rollins
            This is the third (and I think final) installment of the Order of the Sanguines
            Series. I love this series.. little bit DaVinci Code, little bit of adventure.
2-        The Presidents Shadow – Brad Meltzer
            I love this guy! His books are wonderful. This is the third in the Culpeper Ring
            Series. They don’t have to be read in order – which is good because I haven’t read
            the second one.
3 -       Bone Labyrinth – James Rollins
            Another from one of my favorite authors… this is the latest installment of his
            Sigma Force series. Ahhh… Painter Crowe…
4 -       Crimson Shore – Douglas Preston & Lincoln Child
            I know this damn book doesn’t come out until November but I can’t hardly wait.
            This is the latest in the Agent Pendergast series. These books suck me in and I
            Can imagine myself tagging along with him!
(This is my next career... mobile beach reads)
5 -        The Girl on the Train – Paula Hawkins
            I actually just finished this one. This is a stand alone book with many twists and turns. Took               me about 100 pages to get my mind around the jumping back and forth present day to past.                 Once I got used to it the book was really good.
6-        The Girl in the Spiders Web - David Lagercrantz (Stieg Larsson)
            4th installment in the Lisbeth Salander and Mikael Blomkvist series. While the
            Original author of the series has passed away I am eager to read the continuation
            Of their story.
7 -        Pretty Girls –Karin Slaughter
            This is not a series book. I love her two series (Grant County and Will Trent) and        
            Wish she would write another but I am eager to get this one in my hands. It
            Comes out September 29th but is worth mentioning because I just love her        
            Books!
8 -       The Forgotten Room – Lincoln Child
            Reading this one now. Because I love their collaborations, I also love their solo
            Books! Lincoln Child – of the Douglas Preston & Lincoln Child (Agent Pendergast)                     books, is a fantastic thriller writer… I always read his solo books!
9 -       The Great Zoo of China – Matthew Reilly
            In the tradition of Jurassic Park, this book will be non stop action as all Reilly’s books are! I               do wish he would write another Jack West because I literally could not put them down!
10 -     The Patriot Threat – Steve Berry
            Another Cotton Malone series book… I do love these thrill rides mixed with
            Historical mystery!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!