Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Entry Prompts for the Blocked Writers (1-100)

Sometimes I just look at the blank page on my screen and think … about anything and everything I want to say but somehow it doesn’t get from my head to the page.  So much rattling around in there I can’t even manage to get one single thought together.
So I decided to spend some time surfing around the internet for ideas and habits I can use to organize my thoughts. I found – to my pleasant surprise – that I am not alone and other blog writers need prompting or topic suggestions to get the juices flowing.

The result was a list of 800+ journal prompts that can be used by anyone to get the writers block unblocked. I will post about 100 a day until I can get them all out to you. I know there will be repeats, similar entries but overall they are thought provoking and should help get you over the hump.
Enjoy!
1-100

1-     What scares you
2-     Do you have a plan? Do you need a plan? Have you had a plan fall to pieces?
3-     What is your thought on soul mates
4-     Are you a worrier? Is there a particular worry you cant shake? How do you cope?
5-     Dear past “me”
6-     Dear future “me”
7-     10 places you have enjoyed visiting
8-     10 things you have done that you thought you could/would never do
9-     10 people you most admire and why
10- 10 favorite movies
11-  10 favorite books
12- 10 favorite blogs
13- 10 favorite songs
14- 5 short term goals
15-  5 long term goals
16- Nobody knows that I…
17-  Dear ____ - it weighs on me that I never told you….
18- The biggest lie I ever told was…
19- Anything you feel guilty about? Anything you need to be forgiven for?
20-  What is the worst thing you have ever done?
21- What is your secret desire?
22- What is the most outrageous thing you have ever done?
23- The most terrifying moment of my life was…
24- The most fun I have ever had…
25- The most surprised I have ever been…
26- The most disappointed I have ever been…
27- What are you looking forward to the most…
28-  Choose two old photographs to write about
29- Three things you cant live without
30-  Three celebrity crushes
31- Three favorite book character
32- Three favorite things to wear
33- Three things you want in a relationship
34- If you had to evacuate your home, what three things would you take with you?
35- Three pet peeves
36- Three things you would do if you weren’t so scared
37- Three favorite TV shows
38-   My saddest memory is…
39- Some things that make me happy are…
40-  How do you deal with anger?
41- How easy is it for you to forgive?
42- What is the dominant emotion in your life right now?
43- My favorite Sunday ritual
44- Favorite Holiday traditions
45- Things I always did with my mom…
46- If you could have dinner with any living person who?
47- If you could meet any fictional character, who would it be?
48-  If you could change one thing about your present life what would it be?
49- If you could live anywhere you wanted where?
50- If you could go back in time and change one thing from your past what is it?
51- What was your favorite childhood toy
52-  Did you ever get lost
53- Who was your best friend in elementary school
54- Did you ever run away from home
55- As a child  what did you want to be when you grew up
56- What was your favorite subject in school
57- Who was your favorite teacher
58- What is your very first memory
59- What was your favorite cartoon?
60-  What book did you read over and over as a child
61- What is your most vivid memory of the kitchen in your childhood
62- As a child, who was your favorite relative
63- Who made you feel good this week? Why?
64- What was the biggest mistake you made this week?
65- What did you do this week that moved you closer to reaching your goals?
66- Is there anything you did this week that you wish you had done differently?
67- What did you most enjoy doing this week?
68-  How did you procrastinate on important tasks this week?
69- What did you learn this week?
70- What is the funniest thing that happened to you this week?
71-  Write to someone you need to forgive
72- Write to someone who believed in you even when you didn’t believe in you
73- Write a letter to be read by each of your loved ones after you pass away
74- Write a fan letter
75- Write about your first dance
76- Write about your first crush
77- Write about your first week in college
78- Write about your first job
79-  Write about the first place you rented to live
80-  When did you feel truly independent for the first time
81-  What would you do if you knew you would not fail
82-   What would you do if you knew money was no object
83-   What would you ask for if a genie granted you three wishes
84-   What is your wildest dream
85- What would you do if you could live a day without consequences
86-   What grand adventure would you like to go on
87- Of you could become an expert on any subject what would it be
88-  What is your perfect day like
89-  What is your number one goal this year?
90-  What are you most grateful for?
91-  Are you content?
92- What is your best memory of last year?
93- What was the last major accomplishment you had?
94- What possession could you not live without?
95- Can people change?
96- What is the last “good” thing you ate?
97- What is your current favorite snack?     
98-  What made you smile today?
99- What’s your favorite accessory?
100- What is making you mad?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!