Friday, May 19, 2017

Thoughts

I am sitting here drinking my required cup of coffee – a little late but better late than never – and still thinking about the death of Chris Cornell. One of my favorite rock voices, I loved to hear him sing covers and put his grunge twist on songs like Billie Jean, Nothing Compares to U and I Will Always Love You. I will miss him but will long treasure his voice and music on my iPod.


They are now saying, according to his wife, he may have taken one too many Ativan. I can understand him having sleeping issues and needing rest, especially after an adrenalin driven concert. The need for rest is essential for him to keep going. If this sleep aid causes suicidal thoughts why would anyone take it? I would much rather them take Temazepam or Xanax and Advil PM. I would think if he took too many he would be more at risk of respiratory failure 
This beautiful talented man that had it all, love, family, success suddenly hung himself in a hotel for no reason?

Unless… and just think about it… back in the day when the big 4 were coming out of seattle…Nirvana, Alice in Chains, Soundgarden and Pearl Jam all came into the mainstream rock scene about the same time. And I am not even including Andy Wood – lead singer of Mother Love Bone. Huge success for all 4 bands.Now all but one lead singer is dead. All the other band members are here but the lead singers… only one left. Eddie Vedder.

Washington Post -
After Chris Cornell’s death: ‘Only Eddie Vedder is left. Let that sink in.’
Newsweek-
AFTER CHRIS CORNELL'S DEATH, EDDIE VEDDER IS GRUNGE'S LAST GREAT FRONTMAN STANDING

Now I may have been watching too much television in my life but it is sad about the way these men died when you look at the big picture. Honestly, Kurt Cobain didn’t really surprise me, Lane Staley who had a history of drug problems off and on suddenly overdosed when he was supposed to be clean (but wasnt found for a week?? that is very sad). And now Chris Cornell who had left his drug problems behind him many years ago, hangs himself because he may have taken too much Ativan? If this were an episode of Supernatural Dean and Sam Winchester would be heading straight to Eddie Vedder’s house for some answers about who made the deal at the crossroads..


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!