Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Preachin About Reality

I need coffee this morning, and lots of it. And it is only Tuesday.
The older I get the more I realize that caffeine is my friend. I like my BFF dressed in a Campbell University black and orange mug with Coldstone sweet cream creamer and some Splenda. After at least two cups all is well with the world again and I can take on just about anything.

Except …. Stupid people. I cannot deal with stupid people. Stupidity comes on many different levels too… just like there are people with book smarts and street smarts… there are people that have book stupidity and street stupidity. Disrespecting, mean, egotistical, selfish, cantankerous, difficult people are stupid too. What makes them think that anyone wants to deal with them is my question. Were they absent when God was handing out the rules?? Be kind to your fellow man… and so on…

When I cross paths with people that are going to try my patience I have to tune them out and ignore them. Because if I don’t, I fear what may transpire when my mouth overrules my mind. I am in my mid 40’s and have come to the realization that the world needs more Julia Sugarbakers and fewer Kardashians.
I would love to witness Julia Sugarbaker’s  take on that crowd… they may learn a thing or two about self respect, manners, honor and dignity. I could care less about 60 minutes in their lives… come on… Kim’s original claim to fame was her friendship with Paris Hilton, and her OJ Simpson murder defending father. What about that makes her in any way interesting OR her family special??? Reality TV at its lowest form… I don’t know what is worse… them or Honey BooBoo and the Toddlers & Tiaras. I am sure there has to be… has to be a decent reality show out there that doesn't feel like an insult to my intelligence. Probably not. 
I live in the south where crazy is the norm. Every family has enough crazy people and enough drama that they shouldn't ever have to tune into someone else’s. There is even a song that says hide your crazy and act like a lady. Amen.. I do it every day. Why being voyeurs into other people’s drama is appealing is beyond me. I have enough drama in my life without having to witness anyone else’s. Look at your own life … you have plenty of drama to entertain yourself. The less the world tunes into reality TV the fewer shows we will see. Don’t waste your mental energy diving and swimming around  that cesspool of stupidity.

Preachin it to the masses… with a little bit of sass.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!