Monday, August 4, 2014

Things I Cried over - or Almost Cried Over- the Month of July

Borrowed this topic from Rubber Shoes in Hell Blog
 
1-    You know, I look in the mirror and I don’t see the wrinkles that I see when I look at myself in a photograph. Why is that? Do I really look as wrinkly around the eyes in person as I do in a picture?? What the hell is wrong with me that I don’t see what I think everyone else sees?
2-    I am going to be 46 in a few months. I know I am midlife-ing and hormonal. That is all I have to say about that.
3-    I have started taking Glucosomine for my knees because I can hear the cartilage when they bend like wadded up aluminum foil. *CRUNCH*
4-    I wasted a ton of money on a dog trainer that did not train the dog. As much money as I paid him why didn't he take the damn dog with him and bring her back all trained and ready to go. This dog craps on my deck (yes.. the one I worked my ass off on) and she is nowhere near house trained. She fetches quite well though. (I taught her that)
5-    My mother has been gone from us for three months. Staying busy helps but then the overwhelming sadness and anguish hits you when you least expect it and in the most inappropriate places.
6-    Going.. going… going all summer long. And feeling like I can’t get caught  up on anything at home. Laundry piles up, dust piles up, clutter piles up, bathrooms need power washing…with bleach.
7-    My deck that I worked so hard on – and still have 12 boards to paint- I haven’t been home long enough to enjoy it. I haven’t put my cushions out in over three weeks. And the dog still craps on it… and I have to hose it down every day.
8-    I registered my baby for kindergarten. My older baby is one year away from high school. That should be enough. Just sayin.
9-    My house needs deep cleaning… and I mean DEEP… and this past weekend would have been great… but my family that wants to go go go … together… derailed my cleaning plans and we ended up at a mall. My house still needs that cleaning...with bleach.
10- I need a pedicure, but I don’t have time to go get one. And I can’t hardy reach my toes to do it myself. Because I am almost 46 and my boobs are in the way.

So, I didn't cry over all these things… I may have gotten a little misty eyed or just thought about crying over them. Not that crying over them would have made any of it any better. And these things listed are mostly minor frustrations in every day existence… not catastrophic events that are life altering. My life is wonderful and I have no complaints… not really. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!