Friday, January 30, 2015

Just When You Thought it Was Safe...

You know… I have been in a super great mood this week.  And I honestly think that it has to do with the fact that I have lost 18 pounds since September. I think it also has to do with the fact that I had an epiphany the other night…. Sleep… sleep makes me happy! And now I know why…

My whole brood has been fighting this nasty ass sinus bug that has been flying around for the last couple of months. I had pneumonia and bronchitis, my daughter had the flu and my 5 year old son had some combination of all three.  Somehow my husband managed to escape the worst of it and I think it had to do with the consumption of beer and wine over the holidays that boosted his immune system or created a shield that the bug couldn't penetrate. Either way we have been sleep deprived for about a month. Both of us dragging around like zombies in a fog. We have tried Mortin PM, Tylenol PM, ZZZQUIL, and even resorted to some prescription cough syrup on nights that congestion was really bad. None of those things really helped the sleep problem. UNTIL…. I had a flashback to my nursing days and remembered that doctors would prescribe elderly patients that had trouble sleeping BENADRYL instead of a narcotic sleep med. This is me usually.... 


BENADRYL…. Where the hell  did I put that last box I bought????

After about 30 minutes of searching I found it… and it was before the expiration date!!!
I tried it one night and slept like a baby… could have been I was completely exhausted so I tried it again… slept great! So I gave some to my husband and he actually slept better than he had in a week. He still woke up but he was able to go back to sleep which is unusual. Now, I know Benadryl only last 4-6 hours so I wasn't worried about the lasting groggy effects.
 
Not only did I sleep good but my head and sinuses were CLEAR when I woke up. And that is RARE!
WOW.
And then I see it… as soon as I find my overnight miracle…

Common OTC Meds linked to Dementia…

First damn med they mention… BENADRYL. Son of a bitch… That medicine has been around for 30 years!!! NOW that I have figured out it will help my shitty sinuses and help me sleep they want to tell me it is going to cause dementia???

Well, aren't we all half  crazy anyway?? Seriously, I feel partially demented on a daily basis just by watching the news and hearing how stupid and crazy the rest of the world is! We all are going to lose our faculties anyway… why should I live with a sinus headache and no sleep in the mean time ?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting!